Sunday, July 10, 2005

Pictures We Drew

Your tree is crooked. No it's not. Yes it is. Do you want my ruler? No, it's fine. But it's crooked. It's better than yours. It's ugly. Yours is. I'm talking about your tree. I'm talking about yours. Let me show you-- NO. It's mine. Fine. Don't let me fix it, then. I won't. I was only trying to help. It's my painting. It's not your paints. Not yours too. Mommy gave them to me. Only because you started crying. I can use them too. Not if I tell her you're being mean to me. I'll tell her first. She won't believe you. She will. I'm older than you. So? So? So?

I remember when I was younger. Nothing was wrong with pink grass. Nothing was wrong with slanted houses. Nothing was wrong with painting my whole picture black or red because they were just pretty colours and didn't represent anything. Teachers asked. Parents asked. Why black? Why red? Why not? Paint her eyes red and her heart black and it was fine they were just colours.

Oh. Don't use those colours. They're wrong. Are you sad? Why is her heart black? Why? Why? Why not? Come, let me show you the right colours. Why? Why? Don't do it that way again, it's wrong. Give me your brush. You can't do it that way but you're supposed to be creative unique art is good and limitations restrictions don't do it that way I'm not a hypocrite. Why? Why? Just don't.

Your sky is the wrong colour. Who says? It's purple. It's my drawing. So? So? So?

10 Comments:

Anonymous kyels said...

I guess when we were young we tend to see things or arts differently in a different perspective.

I guess it's all bout creativity and we're in our own world, own imaginations back then. :)

Cheers!!!

Sun Jul 10, 06:49:00 PM  
Anonymous Carm said...

The problem with people is they think they're the ones who set what's right and what's not. They think they're God.

When we do something wrong, people (our elders, most of the time) asked, don't you feel guilty? How are you going to explain this to God? But really, it isn't God that makes you feel guilty, it is the people.

Ah but then, we are them too. Does that make us hypocrites? People are hypocrites, and since we are people, then yes, we are. What makes the difference is really whether or not we admit and accept the fact that we are.

Sun Jul 10, 11:43:00 PM  
Blogger vivian said...

I had a niece who got No.2 in her kindergarden colouring contest.

The reason for not getting No.1?

"The people's hair was coloured brown instead of black." was what the teacher said.

Mon Jul 11, 01:06:00 AM  
Blogger RobiGnole said...

festif pas cagneux !!!!!

Mon Jul 11, 07:04:00 PM  
Blogger narrowband said...

If if have a kid who begins drawing dark, greyish skies, or applies 'angry' colors in unusual places, I think I'll be alil worried myself ;p

Tue Jul 12, 10:16:00 AM  
Anonymous sarclover said...

I wouldnt worry if my kid starts to draw pink bananas and blue pigs, i'll worry when she puts a halo around Bush's head.. an indication that something's just not right... ;P

Tue Jul 12, 11:18:00 AM  
Anonymous histrionicme said...

I can't remember what I used to draw. But I DO remember I was always bad at it.

It's sad when we stop kids drawing and colouring what they want. We're making them think like us, act like us, be like us. We're constricting their imagination, dimming their talents.

It's also bl*ody ironic. Modern artists can paint their pictures whatever colour they want and people pay millions for it. Kids do the same and they get scolded.

Thanks for popping in my site, anyway.

Cheers.

Tue Jul 12, 04:54:00 PM  
Blogger Delevia said...

Kyels - Heh, yep, different perspective, that pretty much sums it up.

Hey Carm! Heh. Yeah, true true. Y'know, you always come up with stuff that makes me - and probably everyone who reads your LJ - think. Ahh, you should talk more on the phone! I probably should call again, I love your voice :P

Vivian - Eep. Really? That's not fair at all :S

Robignole - Aah, je ne parle pas francais! Er, un petit peu. Je ne sais pas :S

Narrowband - Hm, that's the thing, though. I mean, who's to say that just because a painting portrays the typical dark sky or black grass, the kid is unhappy? I mean, colours are just colours, and don't usually mean anything :S We could just be overanalysing, maybe. Y'know, look so desperately for signs that something may be disturbing our kids that every little 'wrong' colour means so much. Eeh, I dunno.

Haha, sarc :P

Histrionic - Heh, that's exactly it.

Wed Jul 13, 12:14:00 AM  
Blogger JUEI said...

I've made a post inspired by your "Pictures We Drew". :D

But I did mine in a different perspective though. ^^

Wed Jul 13, 04:45:00 AM  
Anonymous become successful said...

How is Everyting in YOUR LIFE... Waste your money and your only out your money,but waste your time and your out part of your life... Michael Leoboeuf

Inflation is when you pay fifteen dollars for the ten dollar hair cut you used to get for five dollars when you had hair... Sam Ewing

If You Find a need to become part of the become successful so you make a few extra bucks.. go to http://7day2success.com/ ....become successful...become successful....

Live a better life today..

Fri Jun 30, 12:29:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home