Tuesday, July 05, 2005

Don't run me over!

I'm on holidays right now, on a much needed break from school. Vacation started approximately a month or so ago, and I still have one more month to sit back and relax and do next to nothing. It gets boring after a while, though, and today I found myself wanting to go out and actually do something. Turned out there was some stuff I needed to get from Fajar (oh, what would I do without junk food?) so I went to the one near Damansara Uptown after lunch. It takes like five minutes or so for me to walk there, it's not too far.

The plan was to lepak around and do nothing, but, unfortunately, it started raining. So I actually went to Fajar - hey, it was just an excuse for me to drag my ass out of the house - and bought lots of stuff. Didn't rain for too long, so when the rain was less heavy, I decided to leave... and almost got hurt.

I nearly kena langgar by this police officer on a speeding motorbike when I tried to cross the road. Speeding! Right in front of Fajar, too, which is always really busy. Think about the innocent kids. Or about their parents. Hell, think about me! I don't want to die just yet. If it wasn't a cop, I would've thrown a stone at his head. Serves him right, then.

That made me think. Why does everyone drive so fast yet always arrive late? Really, it's mind-boggling. This happens even when a couple of friends and I hang out at 1U or Megamall - everyone arrives so late. It gets annoying waiting around.

And... Like at parties or whatever. People are always speeding, but arrive "fashionably late." Sheesh. Arrive earlier so I can ask for directions. Okay, okay, I'm sometimes guilty of arriving later than scheduled so that would make me a bit of a hypocrite, but that's because... well... I don't know, actually. That's the mind-boggling part. Maybe I should stop thinking before I get even more confused.

5 Comments:

Blogger torment said...

well, i'm here to help you focus your thoughts on a question. HOW do u change ur header picture? gimme a free tutorial? :) what? c'mon, u said it yourself, it's boring doing nothing for a month.

Tue Jul 05, 07:42:00 PM  
Blogger Delevia said...

Oh, alright :P Um, well, since we use the same template I think there'd be no problem. There was this somewhere in the template:

Here

I just inserted the bit in blue. That's what I did. I'm not too good with explanations, so I thought an image might work better. Heh.

Tue Jul 05, 11:51:00 PM  
Blogger narrowband said...

Malaysian time.. lol. always late one. When my friend tells me about a birthday party at 8, i'll make sure i arrive about 8.10 (LOL)

Wed Jul 06, 12:07:00 AM  
Blogger torment said...

Gee thanks. Now look both ways when crossing the road, sweetie. :)

Wed Jul 06, 12:15:00 AM  
Blogger Delevia said...

Heh, yes, Malaysian time. It's always off.

Will do. Ahh, policemen.

Thu Jul 07, 03:46:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home